Want the best car rental Nairobi that provides reliable and affordable services?
Now you don’t have to stress about buying a new car or straining with public transport when there are cheap car hire services within reach. The secret lies in knowing which car hire company to reach out to for your needs.
Best Car Rental Companies in Nairobi Offering Reliable Services List of car hire companies in Nairobi for your transport needs Car rental Nairobi may seem like your easy way out, but things can easily go south if you choose a wrong service provider. Apart from checking the rates of the service providers, other things need to be looked at. Car leasing services are convenient for people who cannot buy cars for one reason or another. If you want to move around regularly yet you don’t own a car; then this is the only option that you have.
Best Car Rental Nairobi Guide
Below is a list of renowned Car Rental Nairobi Companies with their terms and conditions and prices for various destinations across the country and for the various cars for hire. You can also read our guide on the best car hire Nairobi services for more information:
Kenya Cheap Car Hire
Terms and Conditions for Kenya Car Hire
Theft Protection Insurance : [ TPW ]
The Hirer’s liability for theft of the vehicle is automatically covered subject to the terms and conditions of the car hire contract
Collision Damage Waiver : [CDW ]
The Hirer’s liability for damage to the vehicle is automatically covered subject to the terms and conditions of the car hire contract. Damage to tyres, windscreen and underneath of the vehicle is not covered.
Excess Liability Waiver : [ ELW ]
Excess waiver is available for certain vehicles. This insurance cover protects the hirer/driver of having to pay any excess fees brought about by damage and /or loss to the vehicle.
This is a fully refundable deposit which covers any damage to the hired vehicle during the period of hire. The hirer will be refunded the full excess deposit in cash upon return of the vehicle in the same condition as collected at the commencement of the hire.
Chauffeur Services :
Chauffeur services will be charged at US$ 15 per day inclusive of meals within Nairobi or Mombasa, between 06:00 hrs to 19:00hrs. Overtime will be charged at US$ 10 for the next 5 hours till 00:00 hrs.
Chauffeur services will be charged at US $ 28 per day inclusive of meals and accommodation, for all other places in Kenya between 06:00 hrs to 19:00hrs. Overtime will be charged at US$ 8 for the next 5 hours till 00:00 hrs.
Rental Conditions :
In order to hire a vehicle, you must be between ages of 23 and 70 years of age and be a holder of a valid international driver’s permit for the past 2 years and have no endorsements.
A copy of your passport, driving license, full contact details and a full advance payment for the period of hire will be required before or on collection of vehicle. Additional cash deposit may be required under certain special circumstances.
Central Rent – A- Car
We are a family run car rental company based in Nairobi, Kenya. We began operations in 1980 on the first floor of the old Woolworths Building, starting with a a single Suzuki LJ80 jeep and one Daihatsu Sharmant saloon. Since then, we have grown in leaps and bounds and our offices have moved to the ground floor of the 680 Hotel building, on Muindi Mbingu Street in central Nairobi. Our current fleet constitutes of about 40 vehicles.
- We deal ONLY in car hire and have done so professionally for 37 years. The family run nature of the business ensures personalised service, well maintained vehicles and honest dealings.
- Our insurance conditions are also the most attractive in the market. In case of accident or theft, the customer is only responsible for the first KSHs 2000/= ( US$ 25) of damage. No need for extra insurance waivers. No holiday ending excess liability in case of an unfortunate incident. Only Tyres and Windscreens are excluded from this insurance. Please see our terms and conditions here for details.
- We source our cars NEW from official vehicle manufacturer dealers in Nairobi. This is extremely rare as most (80%+) cars on Kenyan roads are 2nd hand grey imports from Japan and Singapore. These cars are generally 6-8 years old on import and have come to the end of their reliable lifespan by the time they reach Africa. You will receive a guarantee of the year of manufacture of a vehicle from us, not the year of registration in Kenya! (6-8 years after year of manufacture)
- We own all our rental cars and are responsible for their quality and maintenance. We do not sub-hire vehicles from other companies or individuals.
- We have no extra charge for payment by credit card. No contract fee. No charge for extra drivers.
- We are fully licensed by the Ministry of Tourism.
- We are also fully licenced by the Kenya Association of Tour Operators (KATO).
- All our vehicles are appropriately and legally licensed for car rental. This includes PSV (Public Service Vehicle) inspection and insurance (displayed on windscreen as opposed to insurance sticker that reads “PRIVATE”). In case of an accident, you are fully legally licensed and insured to be driving the vehicle.
- We won the 2005 East African Road Safety Award for “Car Hire and Rental Services”. This was awarded by the National Road Safety Agency in conjuction with the Swedish International Development Agency (SIDA). Click to see a scan of the certificate to see the award.
Nairobi Car Hire Services
Kenya Car Hire Services
Kenya Car hire Services is part of who we are when it comes to car rental. Everything about the experience is to make our customers lives as easy as possible. We aim to be passionate, transparent and helpful in everything we do.
Our friendly, professional team understands your rental needs. You might be after an; economical car, 4WD, family sedan, luxury car, a bus, van or truck, we have all of them in our fleet.
At Kenya Car hire Services, we’re always happy to help you choose the right vehicle to hire. So, from the moment you walk through the doors to the time you drive away, you can expect great personal service all the way.
We’re 100% Kenyan owned, so we really know your local area while in East Africa.
Our key assets are our people who drive the uses our vehicles. We live and breathe vehicle rentals, and our local experts have an in-depth knowledge of their areas. We’re passionate about delivering value, and we want our service to be great, not just good.
We have adopted a clear purpose statement that sums up the way we like to do business: ‘Passionate, individual service, everytime.’ How do we back this up? With our core values:
The Price you see is the price you pay – drive away. There are no hidden extras with a Kenya Car hire Services booking – we display the the full price of a motor vehicle, so you can pick it up and not have to worry about Taxes, Stamp Duties, Premium Location fees etc – these are all included.
Baby Seats and Car Hire
Traveling with a baby does not mean you have to take everything with you. There are alternatives when it comes to hiring baby equipment, including baby seats in a rental car.
These are just some of the top notch companies that are rated as the best car rental Nairobi Services.